Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Toss

I started making pizza dough last year sometime but I still haven't figured out how to do the toss. I doubt this will help much and I'm still trying to figure out what an optimal standing wave ultrasonic motor is.

From Physorg...
Researchers at the MicroNanophysics Research Laboratory at Monash University in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, have developed a model of pizza tossing based on observations of professional chefs tossing dough. They came up with calculations that describe the dough’s trajectory, allowing them to identify the optimal tossing motions in terms of rotational speed, stability, and energy efficiency.

Besides being an interesting description, the results could also help researchers in designing optimal standing wave ultrasonic motors (SWUMs), which operate on similar principles as pizza tossing.

With a lot of luck and a whole lot of wasted dough I may one day get to this point...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts