Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sully-ed

When it comes to celebrities, I'm not the star-struck type. In my book everyone has a job to do and some jobs are a bit more high profile than others but that doesn't make the person better or deserving of added attention or focus.

That rationale kind of falls apart with a few folks though (Barack is at the top of the list) and for the past year or so "Sully" Sullenberger has been pretty high on that list as well. So when Sully's FB page kindly informed me that he was to be in my area the next day signing books, well, there was only one path to take...18 hours later I was standing in line for my first book signing.

We chatted a bit and I told him I admired what he had done, particularly, the way he has handled his 15 minutes of fame afterwards. He joked that it had been a bit more than 15 minutes. We exchanged a few more words, he signed his book, I took a few photos, and that was that.

Nice guy that Sully.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts