Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ahhh Cherries


Cherries have always been one of my favorite fruits (and a certain person named Cherry is one of my favorite people). When I was much much younger, I used to get so excited whenever my Dad would bring cherries home from the store. My aunt who lived nearby had a cherry tree in her backyard and it was a high point of the summer to ride my bike over to her house, pull myself up into that tree, climb as high as I could and stretch as far as possible to pick the darkest, sweetest cherries I could find.

My Dad, aunt, and even that cherry tree are no longer here but as luck would have it, we now have a house with two cherry trees in the front yard. Each time I pick cherries from our trees, I cherry pick special memories from long ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts