Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Today's Flavor: Blueberry Thai Basil


As I entered the grocery store the other day I remembered that since we'd lost power for all of 31 hours the remaining ice cream in the freezer was likely toast.  With temps rising into the mid to upper 90s  this week this was no time to be ice cream-less.  Blueberries were on sale but the thought of plain blueberry ice cream didn't do much for me.  It needed something else.  That's when the lightbulb went off...add some fresh basil from the garden.  


How creative!

Not. 

The Google quickly let me know that several folks already had the same lightbulb moment. C'est la vie...it's pretty darn good even if it's not an original creation.

The recipe is here.  The biggest decision was choosing between Italian and Thai Basil.  I went with Thai...which just might be an original idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts