Monday, September 3, 2012

This Week's Flavor: Oink


After reading through several unique ice cream recipes in the Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream Book I decided to give one of the more bizarre flavors a shot:

Prosciutto ice cream.

I know what you're thinking, "meat ice cream"?

Yup.

As strange as it sounds, the challenging flavor and my logic got the best of me.  I like ice cream and I love some swine so how bad could it be, right?  With the addition of some roasted cantaloupe, I was convinced this was headed for success.

This isn't exactly what I made but flavor wise it should be fairly close...


It started out promising and tasted pretty darn good in the beginning stages but somewhere between adding the roasted cantaloupe and freezing the batter the meat ice cream went over the cliff.

I'm ready to make a meaty contribution to the local landfill but my wife likes it and it got the green light (or at least a yellow light) from some friends so I guess it'll stay in the freezer a little longer.

It was a learning experience. I learned I don't like meat flavored ice cream.

Next.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts