Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Quest


If a guy is going to bake 1,536 cookies in a attempt to create the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, I'm giving it a try.

The recipe is here.

Stay tuned.

From Serious Eats
I'm sorry, what was that dear? 
"I said, stop making cookies." 
That's odd, I thought to myself. Why would she be saying that? Wouldn't any wife be pleased to be married to a husband who fills the house with the aroma of warm butter, caramelized sugar, and gooey chocolate? Indeed, wouldn't any human being in the right mind yearn to be constantly surrounded by sweet, crisp-and-chewy snacks? 
Then, as I glanced around the apartment, wiping chocolate-specked hands against my apron, running a finger across the countertop and tracing a line into the dusting of white powder that coated every surface in the kitchen, eyeing the dozens of bags of failed experimental cookies that blocked the television, opening the refrigerator door to discover that more than half of its contents were batches of uncooked cookie dough in various stages of rest, I thought, maybe she does have a point.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts