Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crazy: A Bullfight in Madrid

I was in Madrid a couple of months ago and I thought when in Madrid do as the MadrileƱos do. So off I went to my first bullfight. Little did I know that not many MadrileƱos go to bullfights anymore.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a vegetarian...not even close. I do, however, have a problem with blood and gore even to the extent of not watching TV shows centered around hospitals, etc. Ironically, I prefer beef medium rare to rare with quite a bit of blood flowing but I digress.

Anyway, what I saw in that bullring is not even remotely related to my likes and dislikes. Make no mistake about it, this was pure unadulterated animal cruelty. I'll let you judge for yourself from the photos in the slideshow but be forewarned some toward the end are fairly graphic. They typically "fight" six bulls in one evening but needless to say, I left after the first bull was slaughtered. I'm certain I'll never see a bullfight again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts