Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Know Thyself



Even though bullfighting is one of the most disgusting things I've seen, I've got to give this bullfighter mucho credit for self-awareness.

From HuffPo...
In the world of bullfighting, a bit of cowardice comes at a high cost.

That's a lesson Christian Hernandez learned the hard way Sunday, when, in a bullfight at Mexico City's famed Plaza Mexico, the 22-year-old matador decided to bolt across the ring and leap headfirst over a wall as the bull charged forward. The move drew jeers and whistles from less-than-impressed spectators.

"There are some things you must be aware of about yourself," the Mexican apprentice matador said in an interview before announcing his retirement. "I didn't have the ability, I didn't have the balls ... this is not my thing."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts