Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hejdå 2010


Although I've started off 2011 with a cold, looking back on 2010 via FB status reminds me of how eventful the year was. I'm looking forward to an even better 2011.
January
  • A jazzy weekend...Blues Alley last night, Bohemian Caverns tonight.
  • For anyone who has been to Panama I'm in search of recommendations.
  • 011110..is today some kind of binary significant date?
  • An early start to the day and one missed flight later finally off to Panama.
  • Haven't even taken off and I've been mistaken for a Panamanian.
  • Tick tock
  • Thanks to my friends and family who sent me bithday wishes yesterday. I had a very nice birthday with wonderful friends in NY.
  • Does anyone have a friend in Dublin? I'm heading that way in a couple weeks and am looking for some recommendations from a local.
  • "We don't quit, I don't quit," BO
  • Overslept and missed our flight....arrgh
February
  • Just finished copying over 100 CDs to iTunes. Now what to do with them...donate to a library, give away to friends, keep as a backup?
  • Potentially the biggest snowstorm of my life and I'm missing it : (
  • Gutsy calls by NO
  • Don't EVER fly Virgin America....such crooks it's unbelievable! [we worked that out]
  • If you didn't see any of the Health Care Summit today Obama confirmed for me that he's likely the most intelligent President in U.S. history.
  • 7.7 in Haiti, 7.1 yesterday in Japan and 8.8 last night in Chile...what gives?
March
  • It's nice to wake up in a better and more caring America. Next up...the Senate.
  • 71 degrees now but it’s supposed to snow tomorrow…how can that be?
  • So it didn't snow yesterday as predicted but it's 29 degrees now! When will Spring come and stay for good?
  • Coming into the kitchen final stretch!
April
  • Off to Sedona
  • Just met "Sully" Sullenberger and fortunately not on the wing of an airplane.
May
  • Off to OAK. It's been far too long.
  • Netflix via the Wii is sweet.
  • Exit Through the Gift Shop...one of the most clever movies I've seen in a looooong time.
  • Call me cynical but I'm psyched the Teabaggers are winning the GOP primaries!
  • Went to see Duke Ellington's Sophisticated Ladies at the Lincoln. It was excellent.
  • Off to Mexico City...
  • Mexican hot chocolate...amazing! Ant larva omelette...good but a bit underwhelming.
  • The baby eels were a lot tastier than the ant larvae.
  • Tequila at 8am...not my usual breakfast but Duty Free called.
June
  • What is up with Australia? Talk about a blowout!
  • NZ...wow what a comeback in the final 30 secs!
  • Brasil vs. N. Korea...I'm feeling the winds of a blowout brewing.
  • Que pasa Espana?
  • Best quote of the World Cup so far (re: Switzerland) "Even a blind squirrel catches a nut once in awhile."
July
  • I'm ecstatic that Uruguay lost to the Netherlands after they cheated BIG time against Ghana.
  • Vamos España!
  • I'm used to earthquakes in California but a quake in DC? A 3.7 around 5am woke me up.
August
  • Yeah! A just decision.
  • buzzzzzzzz
  • Off to Sweden...a vacation at last.
  • After several offers over the years, I finally ate my first fish eye. Not bad at all.
  • Bye bye Borås, hello Stockholm.
  • A picture perfect day in Stockholm
  • Smoked shrimp...yum!
  • Hejdå Sverige
September
  • Charlotte for 3 days…any suggestions?
  • Deep fried pickles...fascinating and kinda good.
  • Despises FB on the iPhone
  • Looks like FB is getting desperate with the friend recommendations.
  • I'd rather bake bread than landscape anyday.
  • Gumbo!
October
  • Oktoberfest celebration at a friends farm in Sonoma...what a nice day.
November
  • I'm looking for a good real estate appraiser that works in DC.
December
  • Whose dim idea was it to create Christmas lights in serial?
  • Happy New Year everyone! 2010 has been good. 2011 will be even better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts