Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Week's Flavors



Since we're in the thick of citrus season the week started out with a Tangerine Sorbet (tangelo to be exact). The sorbet was followed by a reprise of Eggnog Ice Cream that included a healthy dash of dark rum and bourbon. The week and year came to an close with a delicious New Years Eve traditional Japanese feast hosted by my sister-in-law. I brought Kinako Ice Cream which is made from roasted soybean powder and has a very nutty flavor. It's commonly used to dust mochi but not so common as an ice cream flavor.

I got my ice cream attachment just prior to New Years Eve 2009 and it's safe to say that that 2010 was quite productive on the ice cream front...30 different flavors during the course of the year.

My top three four flavors in no particular order: Coffee (Blue Bottle preferably), Prune Tequila, Ginger, and Pear Caramel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts